Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bodhgaya India


Bodhgaya, Bihar, India. It's here that Buddha attained enlightenment...I'm trying to attain it too, but it doesn't seem to be working. I am here shooting for Pathfinder International. Pathfinder began working here in 1999 to advance the reproductive health needs of underserved and vulnerable populations. Today I was photographing a (FCA)Female Change Agent, meeting with a young mother to discuss family planning and contraception. For more info about pathfinder visit www.pathfind.org. In a few days I will head back to Delhi, then to Bangkok and home...it has been a long 4 months on the road!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God bless you my friend!
You have my dream job.
Let me explain.
I don't think it is easy, and knowing myself I would be a lot more stressed than anybody else to get the shots I needed, however to be able to unite photography, travel and on top of that work with non-profit organizations and doing some project on the side along with workshops would make up for a multitude of hard times.
Despite of being tired and missing home, please thank God for the amazing talent you have and for having Celso's dream job.
hahahahahahah

Cheers Man!!!!

kristianhansen said...

Do you plan on getting any shots of Muay Thai fighting while in Bangkok?

Enjoying the photos so far, but its too bad that your website is down.

Thanks

Karl Grobl said...

Yep, we shoot Thai kick boxing in Bangkok. Have a look at the slide show from last year's trip http://www.karlgrobl.com/SoutheastAsia2009/index.html